10.19.2015

Aim high for awareness!

This evening I in-boxed via Facebook to 2 people that did me wrong in high school. These two individuals got away with it. Facebook was the vehicle I used to confront my oppressors. When forgiveness &/or revenge aren't options, aim high for awareness! I'm sure this form of catharsis would not exist without Facebook.

For 22+ years, I wanted to confront these two guys from another high school who disrespected me so badly. As long as it's been, it stings when I think about it. There's a part of me that envisions revenge, and another part that wishes I were able to grant forgiveness, but I have developed acceptance. I'm about to be 40 years old. I do need to forgive those who deserve it, but there are others who just need to be put on notice. 

Thanks to the almighty internet, all of this is possible! I will make peace with some and also release demons by speaking up. Technology means my pen is no longer mightier than a sword, but my keyboard is. After I sent out these inbox confessions, I have to say, I feel a whole lot better! My head is lighter.... My mind is cleaner.... The words are out there… 

Apologies for the part at the end where I insult the guy for still living in the city we grew up in. I wouldn't knock where I grew up. I still love it. That insult is not meant for my readers, just for the losers who robbed my crib. By living away from where I was born and raised, I am no better than you. But when I said it to the perps, it was the most satisfying dis. 

Below please find the message I sent to one of the perpetrators' brothers: 

"Hello XXXXXXX, I am not sure if my name rings a bell. I have no beef with you and you owe me no debt, but I would appreciate it if you would forward this message to your brother, XXXXX XXXXX. He does not accept messages from non-friends on Facebook, but he needs to hear from me! If not for your own soul, please forward this as a gesture of good will. Thanks in advance! 

For perpetrator #2: 
"Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, you might not remember me from high school 20+ years ago, but you probably remember my house which you and your friend XXXXX XXXXXXX looted and burglarized. In 1992, you crashed my house party where you stole my parents checkbook and you both wrote hot checks at XOXOX. Then you got even more greedy and when you knew I was away from home for the night, you came back to burglarize my house. You managed to take much from my family including my mom's wedding china, all of my dad's ties, most of the electronics in our home... you also made off with my entire music collection, our oriental rugs and more.

You must have had a lot of help violating my home! In addition to my material losses, you caused me a great deal of emotional pain. I am writing to you to you to tell you I will never forget the crimes you got away with or the gunshots you /or one of your friends fired in my front yard. Your friend XXXX's dad got you out of jail time, but I am certain he failed you both. You may have been above the law, but you are not above final judgment. The statute of limitations is up in criminal court, but not on your lousy karma. 

I'd like to thank you for being one of the bad memories that propelled me away from Texas 15 years ago. I have done things in CA and NYC that people make movies about. It's very satisfying to me to see you and your buddy XXXXX XXXXX still living in San Antonio. Clearly you never got very far and I think I know why. I hope you remember me now! That is all, you XXXXX XX XXXX!"

No comments: