5.05.2012

After all this time and what might actually be years, I am taking a moment to blog. I can’t believe it has been so long since I wrote a blog entry. But seriously seriously, I have been seriously seriously occupied.


As I exercise my freedom of speech, I am concerned that Big Brother is watching through the web. /I happen to be applying for new teaching positions. Are there really these DOE Cyber Doberman Pinchers looking at my online public persona ready to shut me down?!? If theese watch dogs sniff, the pooches will surely find something bad, but seriously how has it become so bloody important? How have we become so bloody important?!? Facebook has become the center of the universe. There is no denying it! Like if you connect with God today, that is probably because God is sending a tweet, updating his profile, or checking in…

Just this week, the DOE passed a new policy stating that teachers and students cannot be social media friends. More ugly lights shine upon the NYC Dept. of Ed. due to more alleged sexual improprieties. They haven’t come up with much else.

http://nycrubberroomreporter.blogspot.com/2012/05/nyc-doe-new-social-media-guidelines.html

Today like most other school days I had an altercation with a student as a result of enforcing school rules. Rules Rules Rules all day long… Being a teacher in a school guarantees that a huge portion of your day will be spent enforcing some kind of school rule. I have a classroom full of middle school special ed. students who don’t want to follow rules. I spend an absurd amount of time on a daily basis addressing water and bathroom breaks… threatening to confiscate electronic devices, ordering them to take off their hoods and hats and put away their headphones. Also in that time, I have to teach, entertain, council them and so much more.

I wish I had a robot that spoke for me with buttons like: stop that, quiet down, watch your language, keep your hands to yourself, quiet down, Get your head off your desk, stop what you’re doing and listen, what did I just say?… It is really tiresome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/05/04/beastie-boys%E2%80%99-adam-yauch-dead-at-47

One last thought…. a little Tribute to MCA / Adam Yauch: Yo, MCA... up up on your way to heaven... Your music is a living thing! The Beastie Boys are forever! You fought the good fight and you will be missed! Thank you for rocking!

No comments: