5.23.2010

No Sex in the Pity

In the immortal words of Sam Cooke... Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody... I mean I got two "marriage proposals" from odd strangers in two different boroughs, was checked out all around the city, but then I came home alone and that sucks sucks sucks!!! No kisses in a long time and I am feeling so lonely!

All I can figure is that I'm not out there enough... with working full-time and grad school at night, it has made it hard to be "out there". I'm a cutie, sexy, hilarious, edgy but mature, smart as hell, and a good person. Far from perfect, but I bring a lot to the table! I love NYC, so why don't NYC love me back!?

I used to meet people all the time, but somehow I lost my balls or started putting off some kind of anti-vibe which keeps me in a bubble. I guess my standards went up as well. Who knows the complexities of my romantic problem? All the wrong men talk to me all of the time and the right men just look for while and don't say nuthin'. Hello there, cute 30something man with a job and a brain... would you please, just talk to me... because I may look confident but I'm actually shy and I need love!

The thought of going to my niece's Bat Mitzva next weekend stresses me out! Everyone is going to ask me about my non-existant love life and nobody is interested in my accomplishments like how I got a full ride to grad school. As James Brown says, "this is a man's world" and an overeducated woman without a man by her side gets pity, not praise, and I just hate that shit!!!

Damnit, where are you? I'm ready, ready now!!!

No comments: