5.28.2010

I am one... I am only one.

Tomorrow I'm bound to fly...
I like the flying part but the airport sucks me dry.
Waiting on line coming unglued, nobody is there to hold up my shoes.
Tonight, my bags are packed and I'm still wide awake
Anxiety of facing faces and being pleasantly fake.
At home I am with everything I need...
Except someone to love me patiently.

I am one... I am only one.
You are two, so what am I supposed to do about that?

On the other side of this plane ride I will be reminded I'm single.
And people will force me to smile, small-talk and mingle.
Divorce is such an ugly word they don't dare mention it.
Eventually it will fade but not until I marry again.
Until then, I am illegitimate.

I am one... I am only one.
You are two, so what am I supposed to do about that?

No comments: